Registration of an EEA or EFTA foreign national child



Registration of an EEA or EFTA foreign national child :

Child - Application for citizens from EEA/EFTA area for a confirmation of a right to stay in Iceland for longer than 3 months.

  • If you are going to register a child to live in Iceland for a period exceeding 3 months you need to apply for a confirmation of your child’s right to do so. You have to fill out this application, sign it and bring it with you when you report the child’s move to Iceland. You need to bring the child with you along with the child’s passport or travel ID card and your own. Passport and travel documents must be valid for at least 6 months from the day you hand in the application. Supporting documents must be originals. Certified copies will be made at the registration office. Documents that are not in English nor Icelandic must be handed in along with a certified translation.

    If the child fulfills the requirements for staying in Iceland for more than 3 months, the child will be registered in the Icelandic population registry and receive a registration certificate confirming the registration of the child’s domicile in Iceland. Note that the registration and ID No. is issued free of charge and can only be assigned by Registers Iceland. If the child does not have an ID No. it will be assigned one along with the registration. A registration certificate will be sent to the address you put on this application. It is important that the child’s information is correct in the population registry as entitlement to public service and assistance is generally dependent on the registration.


Registration of an EEA or EFTA foreign national child

Sækja eyðublað

*Síða opnast í nýjum flipa